Do you want to activate the voicemail function on your iPhone but don’t know how? We have summarized which advantages Apple’s version of the answering machine has. Let’s find out how to activate and listen to voicemail on iPhone.
For many years, smartphones and mobile carriers have offered the option to listen to missed calls via voicemail. But Apple’s iPhone has gone one step further and made the feature its own app with a text function.
Activate Voicemail on iPhone
Setting up the iPhone voicemail is quick and easy. Everything you need is on your smartphone. If you use an iPhone 14, you can activate voicemail on your iPhone in just a few steps. We have summarized how the whole thing works in the following instructions:
- Start the phone app on your iPhone and select “Voicemail” at the bottom right.
- The voicemail will now be called depending on the mobile operator, and you have to follow the instructions. The voice will tell you what to do to continue.
- If it’s your first time on this page, you’ll get an option in the center of the screen.
- To set up your voicemail, click “Set Up Now,”
- Now, you must choose a PIN with four to six digits.
- Once you do that, it brings you to the greeting page.
- And here, you have two different options. You could do the “Default” greeting, which is just the one that apple has recorded that says you’ve reached someone’s voicemail.
- Or the “Custom” one is the one that you want to select to “Record” your own.
- And in order to do that, all you have to do is press “Record” option and go ahead and speak your voicemail, what you want other people to hear.
- Once you’re satisfied, you could press stop, and then you could go ahead and press play to listen to it to make sure you’re satisfied with it.
- Now select ” Save ” at the top right. Voicemail is now set up.
Listen Voicemail on iPhone
You can listen to voicemails on your iPhone in two simple ways.
- First, you can ask Siri to play your messages for you. To do this, say, “Hey Siri, play the voicemail of X.” X stands for your contact who left a message.
- Alternatively, select “Voicemail” in the Phone app and then tap the play button on the message. You can share or delete the message via the other icons. If the page is empty, you have no voicemails.
Voicemails are also displayed as notifications in the icon of the phone app. If you want to set a special notification tone or vibration pattern to detect new voicemails directly, go to the iPhone’s settings, select “Sound and feel,” and then the “New voicemail” section.
What is Voicemail transcription on iPhone?
A few iOS versions ago, Apple implemented the Voicemail Transcription feature on iPhones (iOS 10 or later). In this option, it will show the text messages from the answering machine. This works automatically for messages as soon as you select them. Wait a moment, and it will show the message as text.
If you leave the phone app and come back to the message later, you will see the text without waiting.
- Voicemail setup on the iPhone can vary from carrier to carrier.
- However, the steps on the iPhone are easy and you can do it in a few minutes.
- You can listen your voicemails or read via transcription afterward.
Frequently asked questions
When does voicemail start on the iPhone?
You can set the time after which the voicemail intervenes. Just enter the code **61*3311**15# into your iPhone. This code will start the voicemail after 15 seconds. You can also replace the 15 with 20, 25, or 30 to choose the appropriate time in seconds.
Why does voicemail not work on iPhone?
Problems with voicemail can have many causes. First of all, try restarting your iPhone. Also, check with your carrier’s support to see if your voicemail is set up correctly or needs additional steps.
Where can I find voicemail on my iPhone?
Go to the phone app of your iPhone. At the bottom right, you will see the entry Voicemail. If it still needs to be set up, you will be guided through the process when you first select this item.