Today we are going to explain how to take screenshot in windows 10 PC and Laptop. If you want to capture something from your screen, you can take a screenshot. Your entire screen or even just your active window and that can then be inserted into a new document. Then you can send the document as an attachment, for example, by email or print it out.
You can do it with keyboard shortcuts to take the screenshots in Windows 10. There are four native keyboard shortcuts. So, you won’t have to install any extra programs to use the functions they propose. And, The key is Print Screen. It is the one that we will combine in different ways to perform the four types of capture.
Of course, the key does not always appear with this name. Therefore, if it did not appear as Print Screen, it may have other names such as Impr Pant, Imp Pant, or Pet Sis.
Native shortcuts for screenshot
|Win + Print Screen||Full screen capture that is automatically save in a folder.|
|Win + Shift + S||Open the options to choose a zone to take screenshot. It is save in the clipboard.|
|Print Screen||Normal screen capture. It is save in the clipboard.|
|Alt + Print Screen||Capture of the active screen. It is save in the clipboard.|
Take Screenshot in Windows with Keyboard Shortcuts
1. If you press both the Windows key and Print Screen. And, it will take a screenshot that this time does not stay in the clipboard. But instead of that, automatically save in .png format in your default folder for captures. You will find a folder called “Screenshots” in your Pictures folder. This shortcut is very useful, especially when you are going to work with several captures and do not want to have to paste them first in an image editor.
2. If you press the Windows key, Shift, and S at the same time, it will open the Crop and sketch controls at the top, allowing you to choose between two cropping options to take captures or make a conventional capture. You will draw the clippings with the mouse pointer, and when you release it, the capture will be made and saved to the clipboard.
3. If you press only the Print Screen button. A screenshot of everything you are seeing will be created. Which will automatically save to the clipboard. That means that to use it first, you have to open drawing applications such as Paint itself, press Control + V to paste the contents of the clipboard, and then save the capture.
4. If you press Alt and Print Screen at the same time, you will create a screenshot of the active screen. That means that, if you have several tabs in Windows, you will not capture everything you are seeing, but only the window or the element that you have in the foreground. Like the previous one, this capture is also in the clipboard.
Alternative Tool: Take Screenshot with Software
If you have a problem with using keyboard shortcuts or if you do not want to take screenshots with keyboard shortcuts, there are other options.
- The well-known tool “Lightshot” also works under Windows 10.
- Download the free tool and click on the .EXE file to install on your computer.
- You need to press the hot key Print Screen (or Print Screen Sys Rq).
- And choose whether you want to take a full-screen screenshot or select your desired area.
- You can then save the screenshot on your hard drive using the save icon.
Hope this article answered your question. Now you know some easiest ways on how to take screenshot in windows 10 or 8 computers. Please let us know if you have any suggestions or any questions on the comment section below. Also read the next tutorial: How to rotate the screen in Windows