Having and knowing how to create gmail account is essential today. With an email account, we can get in touch with family and friends.
Today we all have at least one email account. Although there are plenty of proposals, Gmail is one of the most used in the world thanks to a large number of features it has. Also, it has a lot of acceptance because it is a completely free service. If you do not have or do not know how to create a Gmail mail account, we invite you to continue reading this article.
Create a Gmail email account
The first thing we must do is enter the internet and www.gmail.com. We will go to the top-right corner or bottom, and click on “Create Account”. In this case, we will have to fill in the different fields that we will find in a form.
It is necessary to fill in the following
Step No. 1
- Name and Surname: Put your first name and last name, it is recommended that you put the real first and last name, If this is your personal profile.
- Username: in this case, you have to choose it well. The reason is that, it will be the email address we will have when creating the account. It is what we can give to family, friends, customers, etc. It is possible that, since there are so many millions of people, we cannot find an email for a simple name, for example, our first name. We will have to introduce variants until we find one that we like.
- Password and confirmation of it: Here we will have to choose a password and repeat it to verify. It is important to choose strong one that is safe, you must include uppercase, lowercase, numbers, and symbols. At least it must have 8 characters and more if you want more security.
Now click “Next”
Step No. 2
- Location: You have to choose your country location.
- Mobile phone number. We can recover the password if we have the telephone number associated with the mail. Also, it gives a plus of security.
- Current mailing address. Here you have to put another email address, which will serve as an alternative communication method to the Gmail account. If the mobile phone is not operational, this email can be used to recover the password.
- Birth date: To create a Gmail account you must be at least 18 years old.
- Sex: Woman, man or another.
- Anti-robot field (Captcha): Sometimes you have to transcribe what you see in the picture or mark the photos you ask. This is done to prevent the creation of automatic Gmail accounts.
Now again click “Next”
Accept the privacy
The next step in the process is to read and accept the privacy conditions of the service. Like any service that requires personal data, it is subject to the Data Protection Law, this is something that we will be notified during the process. If we agree with this, we can use this email service.
Now click “I Agree”
Once accepted, Gmail will welcome us and confirm that the email account has been created correctly. We can now operate with it, send and receive emails, customize the mailbox, etc.
What can we do after creating a Gmail account
When we enter our mailbox, we will obtain a small guide for using this email. They are basic details of the operation of this service. We can follow that tutorial or close it and go directly to the mail.
We will meet three emails, all from the Gmail team. In one of them, we will find information about how to customize the inbox. In another, they will tell us about the Gmail app for mobile devices, finally, the third email will give us some tips to make the most of our new account.
Because we keep a lot of personal information in our Google account. In this way, there will be more security for your account. To active the settings, we must visit this page that Google has prepared for this purpose. With this security, we will find many of the advantages that this kind of security system brings.
We will go to the top-right corner and have to click on “Settings” on the top-right corner, but first, we must be logged in with our account. It doesn’t matter if we had already started it before.
Then click “Change password recovery options” under “Accounts and Import” options. You must need to enter a unique username and strong password and click “Next”. Now, you find will find “Two-step Verification” under “security” options.
Verify your phone number
If you have an Android mobile, you likely receive a window like the previous one. What needs to be done is to verify that we are the owners of the phone number we use when creating our email account in Gmail.
If we choose to use verification via an SMS message, you have to enter the phone number to configure it. This will receive the code in the mobile number. First, you have to confirm that the number is ours through a code that can be received by text message or through a phone call.
If you have chosen the SMS code method, we will receive a message with this code. Normally, it is usually received immediately, however, sometimes it can take a minute, not much more. In case it does not arrive, we must request the code again and if it does not arrive, we can contact the help desk.
When we have the code, we will only have to enter it in the form. Click “Next” and then we can activate the verification in two steps for the Google account.
As you can see, you just have to follow the steps that we have listed and we will have our Gmail account ready to use along with two-step verification, for maximum security of use.
Does this tutorial answer to you specific question, now you know how to create a gmail account by yourself. Also, don’t forget to ask if you have any questions or any suggestions.
In one of our articles we explain How to create a Facebook account, so if you don’t have one, you can create by following our article.