This practical tip shows you how to convert word to PDF file. If you send the document by email or share out it on the Internet, there may be compatibility issues with other users. The PDF file format is well known for its portability. It will accurately display every document on an electronic device.
How to Convert Word to PDF in Word 2016 or Above
If you have opened a document in Word, you can save it in various file formats – including as a PDF.
- Open the corresponding document in Microsoft Word.
- Click to the “File” option and then select the “Save As” option.
- A new dialogue window opens in which you can specify the storage location, file name and file type.
- Select the “PDF” option under “Save as type” and then click on “Save”.
- The document is then converted into a PDF file and saved in the selected storage location.
Export Word File to PDF (Word 2010)
In Word 2016 you can save any documents in PDF format, but the procedure is a little different here:
- Open the desired document in Word.
- Click on the “File” option from the top left menu bar.
- Then click on “Export”.
- Now Click on the option “Create PDF/XPS document”.
- A new window opens in which you can specify the file name and the storage location. Also, make sure that the file type is set to “PDF”.
- Click “Publish” to create the new PDF file.
Alternative: convert word doc with PDF converter
This is a pervasive PDF making tool. You can use “PDF-XChange Lite” for private use completely free of charge. It easily converts numerous file types into PDF documents.
- Download PDF-XChange Lite, unzip the folder and run the setup file. Now just follow the simple instructions to install the software.
- Then open the relevant document as usual in Microsoft Word.
- Go to “File” then select “Print” and now click “PDF-XChange Lite” as the printer option.
- Click on “Print”, and the document will be converted automatically. Finally, select a storage location and can then call up the PDF file from there.
If you have problems with the free program, you can also use the free online CloudConvert tool. Just select the file you want to convert. Then select the file format you want to convert. Then click convert and download the file.
Hope this article answer to your particular question of how to convert word to pdf. In the next practical tip, you will learn how to convert pdf document to word format. You can find out how this works in the previous link.