You’re out exercising and don’t have room to take your iPhone with you. But you don’t want to miss out on music while you’re working out. Luckily, your Apple Watch is sparkling on your wrist. Pair your AirPods with your smart watch, and you can easily work out to the beat of your favorite tunes. Let’s see how to connect AirPods to Apple Watch and listen to music.
The combination of AirPods and the Apple Watch is great because you can leave your iPhone at home. Once connected, you can conveniently go for a run with the Apple Watch and AirPods. You can listen to an audiobook or even make a phone call with the Watch while on the go.
How to connect AirPods to Apple Watch
There is no separate option to pair the headphones with the watch. You need to follow these two steps to connect your AirPods to your Apple Watch.
First, connect AirPods to your iPhone
Before you can pair your AirPods with your Apple Watch, you’ll need to set them up via your iPhone. Pairing them with your iPhone automatically becomes available to all devices you use with the same Apple ID. This includes your iMac, MacBook, and Apple Watch. Here’s how to do it:
- Pick up your iPhone and hold the AirPods with their case next to it.
- Open the case and stay close to the iPhone.
- An animation with the AirPods will now appear on the iPhone.
- Tap on Connect.
- The connection process starts automatically.
- Tap Done to complete the process.
You must charge the AirPods and the case for the connection to work.
Connect AirPods to Apple Watch
You’ve already done the important part. After the setup, the AirPods are also available for all your other Apple devices, as long as you are logged into iCloud with iPhone and co. If you now want to use the AirPods on the Apple Watch, then proceed as follows:
- AirPods and Apple Watch are connected via AirPlay.
- To connect, swipe up from the bottom of the Apple Watch.
- Turn the wheel on the side of the Apple Watch down until you see the AirPlay icon.
- Tap AirPlay and a list of devices available for connection will appear.
- If you tap on the AirPods in this list, the headphones connect to the Apple Watch.
- You can tell that the connection was successful because the AirPods are now highlighted in white in the list.
The AirPods are now connected to the Apple Watch – and you can listen to music while jogging without taking your smartphone with you.
AirPods won’t pair with Apple Watch
There are times when your Apple Watch won’t pair with your AirPods. In this case, an error message pops up, and you’re asked to bring the AirPods within a suitable range. However, if they are right next to the Watch, it often helps to disconnect them completely.
- To do this, turn on flight mode in the control center of your Apple Watch.
- Tap on the airplane icon so that it is highlighted in orange.
- Leave the Apple Watch in this state for at least ten seconds and then tap on the icon again.
- After that, pairing should be possible without any problems.
AirPods and Apple Watch are a great match!
If you set up your AirPods via iPhone, your Apple Watch will automatically recognize the wireless headphones. You can simply cut the connection and reconnect both devices in case of connection problems. That way, nothing stands in the way of enjoying your music on the Apple Watch.
AirPods not working with Apple Watch?
If AirPods don’t work with the Apple Watch, check the following:
- The AirPods may still be connected to another device.
- Unpair the AirPods completely first, and then reconnect them.
- Reset the AirPods to do this.
Make sure that the Apple Watch and the headphones are not far away and the distance between them is not too large.
Briefly activate flight mode on the Apple Watch and turn it off again. Try the playback again.
Can I listen music with the Apple Watch without an iPhone?
Yes, you can. If you want to play music on the Apple Watch without an iPhone and listen to it through the AirPods, the songs must be on the Apple Watch. If you have an Apple Music subscription, you can download songs directly to the Apple Watch by pressing the cloud icon next to the song.
The prerequisite is that you have played your music library on the Apple Watch. This way, you can enjoy the music offline and do not need a connection to your iPhone. This is especially handy when playing sports.
However, you cannot use other apps, messengers, or reminders, without a connection to the phone. For this, the iPhone and Apple Watch have to be close to each other. According to the manufacturer, a maximum distance of 15 meters is allowed.
Connect AirPods with Apple Watch : Our conclusion
If you’ve downloaded music, it’s available to you on the go, even without an iPhone. In just a few steps, you can connect your AirPods to the Apple Watch and conveniently access music and audiobooks – at home and on the go. Still, have questions or want to know more? Then leave us know by contacting us.
You can also read these articles: